Wash Day: Totally Twisted Hair Bun
I do not know what happened but it seems like I got bit by the recording bug. I’ve been busy editing videos for the Grow It Girl channel. Anywho, I wanted to share my last wash day experience and the latest video I posted on YouTube, Totally Twisted Hair Bun.
My wash day was uneventful and I am quite happy about that considering what happened for my last one. Yes, I haven’t washed my hair since my last wash day video and post. I can’t believe I went that long without shampooing my scalp but I did. Let me tell you my scalp was on fire. I thought Cherrelle (my hair) had an attitude. Humph! Try my scalp that hasn’t been washed in two weeks. I don’t know how this worked before my healthy hair journey but it is definitely not working now. I think my scalp is a touch spoiled. LOL!
Anyway, here is the process and a peek at my totally twisted hair bun tutorial. I washed my hair in four ponytails to prevent any tangling. Most of the products are staples that have been a part of my hair regimen for years
Below are my wash day deets.
- Pre-poo: I applied a liberal amount of grapeseed oil to my hair and scalp.
- Detangle: I finger detangled after applying the oil. I only saw a few shed hairs. Love it!
- Shampoo: I’ve used a few hair products including gels and hair sprays in the last week. So, I decided to use my Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. Plus, I really wanted to make sure my scalp was clean.
- Deep Condition: I wanted moisture without protein. I decided to use (affiliate link) Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner. I mixed the triple moisture with a cap full of hemp oil.
- Leave-ins: I applied Giovanni’s Direct Leave-In Conditioner and sealed with Pura D’or Argan Oil. I air dried using my Curly Tee.
I joined the #washdayexperience this week and the theme for the week is buns. I thought this was perfect timing because I just posted my twisted hair bun tutorial.
Totally Twisted Hair Bun Tutorial
Well, that’s all my deets for this week. I hope you enjoyed my Totally Twisted Bun Tutorial. Be sure to give it a try and tag me on Instagram @growitgirl. I would love to see your results.